The information on this website is for use as a convenient reference only. Although efforts have been made to ensure the accurate content, please do not rely on the complete accuracy of this information. If any errors are found and/or if you have any comments or suggestions about the website to improve it, please contact a website committee member.
Committee members: Freda Bennett, Sandy Uhlin, and Bill Beller
Please use the above email for submitting all information to this website.
THE HOMEOWNERS’ ASSOCIATION
BJ WHOLESALE CLUB MEMBERSHIP
If you are a member of the HOA, BJ Wholesale club memberships are $25 through the HOA. Call me at 543-6638 for a permission slip. If you currently on a HOA membership, you can now renew. Call with any questions
Carl Gregg President
Mimi Butler 1st Vice President
George McHenry 2nd Vice President
Bill Fleckenstein Secretary
Bob Bennett Treasurer
Randy Peterson, Sandie Gordon, Terrence Fenech, & Helen Novella.
Lake Fairways Homeowner’s Assoc.
PHOTO DIRECTORY 2015
WE ARE IN OUR FINAL WEEK
THANK YOU TO ALL THE VOLUNTEERS WHO WORKED TO MAKE THIS A GREAT SUCCESS.
IF YOU DID NOT ORDER ANY PICTURES, YOUR FREE PICTURE WILL BE MAILED TO THE COMMITTEE. WE WILL CONTACT YOU VIA EMAIL, IF POSSIBLE OR PHONE.
Homeowners Association by Carl Gregg, President
Well, the season is winding down. The snowbirds and renters are starting to leave us to go back north. It was a great season with all the clubs and committees doing a fantastic job. We hope that everyone that is going north had a great time in sunny Florida. I know that we full-timers did. Godspeed, and travel safely.
The new HOA Board is now hard at work trying to make Lake Fairways a better place to live. The officers are Carl Gregg, President, Marie Butler, Vice President, George McHenry, 2nd Vice President, Bob Bennett, Treasurer and Bill Fleckenstein, Secretary.
The following is a rundown on the lawsuit over the trash issue:
1. We received our 90-day notices in September of 2013 that stated we were going to be charged $250 annually for trash pickup.
2. The board, on behalf of the homeowners, sent ELS a notice for a statutory meeting as is required in Florida Statute 723. A statutory meeting is called when the homeowners’ committee disputes an action by the park ownership. The homeowners’ committee consists of five members of the homeowners’ association who are appointed by the board of directors. We held the meeting on December 11, 2013, and we could reach no agreement.
3. The next step in the dispute process is mediation. Mediation notices were given to all residents, and we received more than the 60% required by the Florida statute 723.
4. Mediation was held on April 17, 2014, and we could not reach agreement.
5. Next, a complaint over the trash issue was filed with the Circuit Civil Court on July 7, 2014.
6. The original complaint was not complete, so an amended complaint was filed with the Court on October 7, 2014.
7. A hearing in District Court was held on December 8, 2014, where ELS was ordered to produce all documents that mentioned the word “trash”, which included financial statements, tax returns and a lot more. ELS’s attorneys were to write up the order, and they did so in early January, 2015. Then the Judge has to sign the order. The next Court hearing is scheduled for May 11, 2015.
8. The Homeowners Committee is scheduled to meet with ELS on May 7, 2015 to work out a settlement with all attorneys present.
9. As of this point in time, the HOA has written checks to our attorney for just over $10,000. If we don’t stand up to ELS now, what possible “tricks” might they pull in the future?
That is where we stand at this point in time. I will get any and all information out to the community as it becomes available. I said from the beginning that it was going to be a long process, so please be patient.
On a very happy and proud note, the Lake Fairways Golf Association was victorious on March 14th in the inter-club golf tournament with Pine Lakes for the 13th year in a row! It wasn’t even close.
As always, if you have a question or concern, please talk to or call a Board Member. Their names and telephone numbers are posted on the board across from the men’s bathroom in the clubhouse.
Thanks for being a member of the HOA and supporting us.
A video camera was found on the golf course after the championship tournament.
Contact the Proshop.
After our General Meeting of above date we met in the lounge for the purpose of selecting the Officers of the Board of Directors.
Present were: Carl Gregg, Randy Peterson, Bob Bennett, Bill Fleckenstein, Helen Novella, Tom Fenech, and Sandie Gordon. Absent: Mimi Butler
Board Of Directors selected were:
President: Carl Gregg
1st Vice President: Marie Butler
2nd Vice President: George McHenry
Secretary: William Fleckenstein
Treasurer: Robert Bennett
Other Board Directors include: Randy Peterson, Sandie Gordon, Terrence Fenech, & Helen Novella.
Someone put an envelope in the coupons for Military box in the copy room with cash in it. I'm sure it was a mistake. To claim it, please call me at 543-6668. You must know the exact amount.